It has all got too much. Too much wool. Too many books about wool. Too many woolen presents. So I am taking a solemn vow that will include the following:
- No more new wool acquisition – paid for or otherwise – until I have cut down the stash to nothing more than enough for one more project.
- Once the stash has been reduced to the ‘one project ahead’ status no more new yarn will be purchased speculatively. It must be bought with a clear project in mind.
- I will not look at yarn on ebay. However good the bargain is I will resist. It’s best if I just don’t look
- I will not buy yarn as a ‘souvenir’ of a trip or sojourn unless this complies with point 2
- No more pattern downloads or purchases. According to Ravelry I have 2,500 patterns already at my disposal. This is more than enough.
- No more commissions (after Kiran’s jumper is finished) until the stash is depleted. I must focus attention on reducing the stash.
- I will accept that sometimes it is better to give no present than give an emergency knitted present that does not suit or please the recipient.
- I will not take needles to bed. This is apparently not safe for anyone..